Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday 5 December

A busy thermie day!

Started with gingerbread cookies. Lots of help from the kids - Ella helps me use thermie. She even knows now when its time to press the scales, and how to turn the controls on. We made lots of different shapes, everybody got to help a little bit, it was a real family affair.



Then onto the weeks meals - apricot chicken risotto (minus the peas), satay chicken (I used the slow cooker recipe we love, so should be interesting to see how it turns out), EDC creamy fettuccine with salami, and EDC shepherds pie. The two chicken dishes have gone into the freezer, we had the fettuccine tonight, and the shepherds pie is for tomorrow.

Tonight was the first time I had made mashed potato in the thermomix (my kids do not like eating it as a side dish, so we don't eat it often). The ease and then the perfection was amazing! The consistency was heavenly....can't wait to eat it tomorrow!

I also tried to make the EDC crunchie ice cream slice with peppermint crisps as a substitute, but realised half way through the process I was missing the 2 packets of malt biscuits. So we now have a chocolate peppermint crisp icecream in the freezer, waiting to set.

So much love for how the thermomix has changed my life in such a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment