Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday 30th November

Tonight we had the Chicken Cacciatore Casserole which I had made and frozen on Sunday. The kids ate it, reluctantly. I think next time I will leave out the potatoes and the lentils. E really doesn't cope well with potatoes, and none of them liked the lentils!

We made EDC style mixed berry sorbet for dessert - yummo! W wanted home made milo sprinkled on his. He ate 2 bowls! E wasn't a fan of the texture of the berry seeds, I think this is why strawberry's, watermelon and mango are probably better sorbet options for her!

With plenty of leftover sorbet, I froze some into icy pole containers. I also put some in ice trays and am going to try mixing it with the natural yoghurt for something a bit different.

Our awesome Thermomix demonstrator dropped off our cleaning brush and some more little cookbooks including  the Lunch box and after school treats ideas book, so will give me some more ideas!

Am really enjoying my Thermie - I just wish I had more time to cook and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment