Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday 25th November

Having come home to 3 sick children, 1 refusing to eat dinner, I made some watermelon sorbet. What a great way to use up the watermelon that only 1 child will eat! Gobbled down quickly! I also found a tip about the sorbet, so after putting the leftovers in the freezer for a couple of hours, I got it out and re-pulverised it, then put it back in the freezer. Apparently this keeps it sorbet-like for next time.

The boys missed celebrating their little buddies birthday as he was sick on the day, so I whipped up a Donna Hay chocolate cake in the thermie - 2.5 blocks of chocolate, it was always going to be rich. Realised that I didn't have a round tin, so I had to make it in a loaf tin, which mucked up the cooking time a little. 

Made a quick chocolate butter icing in thermie, and dusted the cake with icing sugar. 

It was divine!!! So rich and moist, like a mud cake. Best of all the birthday boy loved it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment