Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday 27th November

What a busy day!

Started off with chocolate and zucchini muffins  (minus the choc chip because we had run out). These are so delicious - you wouldn't even know they had zucchini in them! Kids loved them!

Made enough for the freezer for E's lunch box treaty.

Then I made Chicken Cacciatore Casserole (of course substituting the mushroom with zucchini). I made this just up till the point you add the yoghurt, and it has gone in the freezer for a week night dinner. I used potatoes out of our garden. Can't wait till I can add home grown zucchini and carrot too! It was my first time using the varoma (steamer). Hoping it tastes great when we eat it later in the week! Not sure the kids will love this one though, lentils aren't really their thing!

Next I made Swiss Beef, up until the point you add the rice. This will be another week night dinner. Just add rice and cook for 20 minutes. In reading the reviews of this, I probably should have added some extra vegetables at the start of this meal. Maybe next time!

For tonight's dinner, I made the Cyndi O'Meara Vegetarian Sausage Rolls. These were so good! I wouldn't have believed they were vegetarian if I hadn't made them myself. Much nicer than sausage mince ones! These were a hit all round, and was very happy to find another vegetarian meal to add to the family meal list!

No comments:

Post a Comment