Saturday, March 31, 2012

A change in our eating....

A forced change in our eating habits has left me searching for lower fat, higher vegetable (or vegetarian) meals.

R and I really like the Pasta e Fagioli from the EDC. It is fairly healthy, the sauce is made with mostly canellini beans. And, it is vegetarian. However, it needs an accompanied by bread. My first at attempt at bread rolls was ok, but not awesome, so I had a go at something different - Portugese Rolls. Wow. They were easy, quick and best of all, so so yummy. The kids liked them, we loved them! I will definetly be doing these again!




I am doing a cake decorating course, so have needed to make some mud cakes in order to decorate! I have tried 2 different recipes now, both different in ingredients. One was eaten - it was very very yummy. The other is in the fridge waiting to be iced this week. Will post the better recipe once I am convinced which one works best.


We are headed camping at Easter, so no thermomix for a whole 4 days! I decided I wanted to try Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, so invited over our besties for morning tea today. Even though I was making dough rather early to allow for the double rise, it was so worth it. These were sensational, although I don't think all the kids were that keen.



No comments:

Post a Comment