Monday, August 6, 2012

A typical Monday in my kitchen...

I cook most of my weekly dinners on a Monday when little miss is at school. The boys amuse themselves with cars or trucks or playing outdoors, and I get busy. In just over 2 hours I usually prepare and cook 5-6 meals. So quick and easy now, especially since my recent purchase of a 2nd thermomix bowl!
I usually make:

  • Lasagne for the following night (cheese sauce and vege prep in thermie)
  • Spaghetti Bolognaise (or meatballs) - goes into freezer (vege prep in thermie)
  • Sweet and Sour chicken  - goes into freezer (all done in thermie)
  • Satay chicken - goes into freezer (all done in thermie, or slow cooker depending on how I am going for time)
  • Spicy chicken and sweet potato - for Monday nights
and today I added a new favourite:

6 meals in 2 hours. All made from scratch, all loaded with vegetables, all loved by the kids. 

I can't imagine life without a thermomix now!


1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear how you are using Thermomix for all your meal preparation Vee. Isn't it surprising how quickly we become reliant on this machine? I can't imagine life without it either, but trying to explain that to someone who doesn't have one is quite impossible. They really need to have one in their own kitchens for a few days to get the full understanding of how OFTEN it helps out, and how it can improve our culinary fun by leaps and bounds. Keep on mixing!

    ReplyDelete